1990 Wellcraft 223 Eclipse

Lawrence Peate

Recruit
I'm having a problem finding a front windshield glass for my 1990 Wellcraft 223 Eclipse. I need the passenger side front along with the front walk thru windshield glass. Any suggestions?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
First , welcome aboard

Next, reach out to Taylor Made.

Make sure you are sitting when you get the quote

Lawrence Peate

Recruit
First , welcome aboard

Next, reach out to Taylor Made.

Make sure you are sitting when you get the quote
I called them. They don't have any glass for my boat. It's too old. Any other suggestions.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
If the glass is flat, any custom glass shop can make it. If the frame extrusions are damaged, you can get sections from Taylor Made

If the glass is curved..... The only low-cost solution is to find the same boat with a rotten hull in a salvage yard

Lawrence Peate

Recruit
If the glass is flat, any custom glass shop can make it. If the frame extrusions are damaged, you can get sections from Taylor Made

If the glass is curved..... The only low-cost solution is to find the same boat with a rotten hull in a salvage yard
Thank you for your advise. I will look into that

nola mike

Vice Admiral
Wondering if anyone has replaced a curved glass windshield with flat glass. I bet a whole custom flat glass windshield would cost less than 1 piece of curved glass specific to that boat.

briangcc

Commander
Dunno about that. My cousin's 200/210 Searay deck boat had the center walkthrough glass shatter during a frantic recovery effort - got caught in a freak storm that blew up out of no where. Wind caught the walkthrough and slammed it shut, shattered the glass instantly.

Repair cost, for just that flat section of glass, was $1k and he had the privilege of installing it.

nola mike

Vice Admiral
Dunno about that. My cousin's 200/210 Searay deck boat had the center walkthrough glass shatter during a frantic recovery effort - got caught in a freak storm that blew up out of no where. Wind caught the walkthrough and slammed it shut, shattered the glass instantly.

Repair cost, for just that flat section of glass, was $1k and he had the privilege of installing it.
Flat section could be custom made by a glass shop for short money. Curved, not as easy. If that piece was purchased through Taylor made, then yeah, gonna be spendy regardless of the shape