1990 seadoo spi

TyeCope122

Seaman
I’ve got a 1990 seadoo spi with the 587 yellow rotax engine. The oil injection system is still intact and complete. I’ve heard these oil injection systems in these older skis are prone to failing, is that true? How am I able to test the injection system to make sure my engine is getting lubricated correctly? Am I able to run premix gas in the gas tank as well as oil in the oil tank? Will that hurt anything? I’ve seen block off plates for sale that replace the injection pump but is it really that simple to just take the injection pump off then put the plate on then run premix? All help is appreciated, I’ve included some pics of the ski and engine. IMG_5211.jpegIMG_5215.jpeg

TyeCope122

Seaman
I just got this spi and up by the handlebars there is a circular electrical device that I’m not sure what it is. Ive Included a picture of what it looks like and from what I’ve tried to find online I can’t figure out what it is. Possibly a gauge? It has threads on the end of it for something to thread onto it. Any help is appreciated

IMG_5212.jpegIMG_5213.jpegIMG_5214.jpeg

TyeCope122

Seaman
I just Purchased this 1990 seadoo spi with the yellow 587 rotax. I need to go thorough the carb and rebuild it and I was wondering if anyone can help me identify what model mikuni carb it is. I’m going to look at it tomorrow with a flashlight when I have some time and see if I can see any number on the body of the carb. I just need to know what model mikuni it is. Also how much will a rebuild kit cost me and where a good place to get one? Any help is appreciated

IMG_5211.jpegIMG_5215.jpeg

TyeCope122

Seaman
Is working but I’m not 100% sure. It has fresh gas with a little bit of two stroke oil too. Before it started this morning both cylinders were at 150psi and now they’re both at 125psi after it made the noise. I have spark but it almost seems a little weak, when I put my tester on the wires, I could see the light and it was constant but it wasn’t very strong from what I can tell. Is it possible for the stator to fall apart inside the engine casing and make a noise if bits and pieces of it have broken off? Prior to me getting this engine running it was locked up for possibly several years before I bought it, I then got it freed up and it had lots of atf, marvel mystery, and atf in the cylinders and bottom end for a few days before I got it going. I plan to take the engine out in the next couple of days and see what’s going on, just wanted to ask if someone may have an idea of the problem I’m having this noise coming from my engine.

IMG_5272.jpegIMG_5277.jpeg

alldodge

Staff member
Don't keep starting new threads for same Doo

Wish I had an answer for you but I don't. Hope someone else does