1990 Kawasaki TS water drain knob

ssabin

Recruit
Does anyone know what the "Water Drain Knob" does on a Kawasaki TS. If it is not working properly, could it be leaking oil and water from the exhaust the hull? I'm not finding much information in my manual about it, so I thought I'd ask. Any help would be appreciated.

shagy959

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1990 Kawasaki TS water drain knob

all it is is a valve on the bottom of the motor that opens when you pull the choke looking cable on the exhaust side of the motor its either open or closed all it is for is to drain water out of the motor if you sink you jet ski and maybe for winterizeing but not fully sure on that
Does anyone know what the "Water Drain Knob" does on a Kawasaki TS. If it is not working properly, could it be leaking oil and water from the exhaust the hull? I'm not finding much information in my manual about it, so I thought I'd ask. Any help would be appreciated.

mcnugget

Recruit

get a block off plate for it those things go bad and leak there goes your motor

ssabin

Recruit

Thanks guys, that's what I thought. It seemed like this drain knob is obsolete unless my ski has been submerged, in that case I would do more then just pull that knob. I also thought that is was leaking, and now hearing about this being a common malfunction on this model, it just gives me a peace of mind in knowing where all this oil in my bulge is coming from. However, this engine compartment is very tight and I can not reach the area in which I would block off the attachment. Is there literature or some proper procedure to go about removing this knob and cable? I'm sure I could figure it out, I just like to do things right the first time from someone who has more experience instead of learing as I go and make a mistake and end up repairing something else along the way. Please let me know. Thanks for your help.