1990 FORCE 120 noise issue?

1990_Bayliner

Seaman Apprentice
Hello everyone,

Today for the first time i ran my boat in the bay for 3 to 4 hous. It ran great however when i was ready to flush the engine with salt off i tried to turn the motor on and when my key was in the ON position there was this anoying noise comming from underneath the dash "continuous" noise some sort off ALARM??? Do you happen what this noise indicates?? I was afraid to turn the motor I did not want to risk doing any damage? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanx

foodfisher

Captain
Re: 1990 FORCE 120 noise issue?

Noise? Buzzzzzz. Clickkkkkkkk . Wifeeeeeee. Hey buddy, wanna take me fishinnnnn. HaHa, Under the dash is most likely an overheat alarm +1. Check it out. Hot motor, short, corrosion.

1990_Bayliner

Seaman Apprentice

Yaah turns out when i was flushing the engine my brother was adjusting the muffs while the engine was on. I shut the engine off to readjust. Next thing i tried to turn on the engine to finish the flushing and the alarm came on, so i just waited till this morning and no more alarm. Engine started right up no more problem. Thanx alot for your help guys.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Tape the muffs in place.And NEVER EVER walk away.
I was at work one day and running a new outboard and everything was running fine(setting in the boat).The alarm went off.New motors shouldn't overheat.I shut it down and went looking.The hose was on just no water.
The yard guy (not the smartest) was told to wash the bosses truck so he grabs the first hose,mine,unhooks part of it,it and hooks up his. He got a butt chewin from the boss,the service mgr, and me.I had to replace the pump.J

1990_Bayliner

Seaman Apprentice

Thanx for the advise, I'll bet that guy whenever he hears an outboard he is gona start running.:D