1990 Evinrude Tracker 110 Oil Injection

etbill52

Seaman
I just bought a bass boat with a 1990 Evinrude Tracker 110 Out Board, It has the oil Injection. My question is does the Oil Injection system work, and keep enough oil in gas? I have alway had Mercury's and have never owned one with this.

Thanks for any help.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1990 Evinrude Tracker 110 Oil Injection

it has the VRO2 Variable Rate mixing system. i personally do not trust it. but others have had great success with them. it is not oil injected, it is a fuel/oil mixing system.

it is a great motor, but i would convert it to a premix motor if it were mine.

VRO conversion w/ pump still working

if the fuel side on your Pump is still working it is very simple. unplug the 2 line harness going to the oil tank, unplug the 3 or 4 wire harness, going to the Vro pump. cut and cap the oil line going into the motor. add oil to fuel tank, mix well, then remove fuel line at top carb, catching gas in a container, pump the fuel line bulb until you get premixed gas to the carb. you can tell as it will change color. put line back on carb, and go boating.

etbill52

Seaman
Re: 1990 Evinrude Tracker 110 Oil Injection

it has the VRO2 Variable Rate mixing system. i personally do not trust it. but others have had great success with them. it is not oil injected, it is a fuel/oil mixing system.

it is a great motor, but i would convert it to a premix motor if it were mine.

VRO conversion w/ pump still working

if the fuel side on your Pump is still working it is very simple. unplug the 2 line harness going to the oil tank, unplug the 3 or 4 wire harness, going to the Vro pump. cut and cap the oil line going into the motor. add oil to fuel tank, mix well, then remove fuel line at top carb, catching gas in a container, pump the fuel line bulb until you get premixed gas to the carb. you can tell as it will change color. put line back on carb, and go boating.

Thanks for your reply. I will disconect it, I like to add my own oil so I know it is the right mix :)