1990 16' bayliner capri

fulleone

Cadet
ok my boat runs about 5300 rpm 11 1/2 pich prop on a 50 hp out board my last post i asked if it would be ok to run a 13 1/2 prop i was told instead of buying a new prop i could buy a plain kit that bolts on my lower unit that would help plain my boat quicker and only cost aroun 35 to 40 dollars and i could later run a four blade for mor torque is this true

hwsiii

Commander
Re: 1990 16' bayliner capri

Welcome to the forum Fulleone. If you are willing to fill out a form and do some trial runs and give me the rpm and MPH from that, I can help you. I am sorry, but I am tired of trying to help people that won't take the time to do it right, but just think there is a magic fix with no effort involved to correctly prop their boat. And then they never come back and tell you exactly how it worked for them, so I now require as much effort from the person requesting help as much as I require from myself. If you are willing to do this I am willing to help you.

H

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Don't do the foil.What were you trying to accomplish?I don't think the 131/2 pitch would work.Rpm without speed doesn't mean much.What motor are you running.How is the hole shot?Speed by gps would be great speedo is ok.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Until H can get you the form; if you
tell us what brand and year motor ,your present max rpm and speed .
We need this base line info to help make a prop selection.
Typical load and activities.Is the present prop in good shape?If you read the stickies at the top of the page
it will help you get the info you need.

fulleone

Cadet

the motor is a fifty horse force with a 3 blade 11-1/2 pitch prop i had a simular boat blow past me with only a 55 outboard like i was standing still my friend said he should have been walking past me

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

we still need the info we requested.It isn't likely we'll see H he is dealing with the oil slick. Tell us about your boat,Is your motor in excellent tune,prop in good shape?
bottom clean and smooth.Is the antivent plate just above the prop about even with the bottom of the boat. Have you adjusted the trim carefully?
Does the throttle plate in the carb open all the way?Does your boat get up on the water and run on the rear 1/2 to 1/3 of the boat?Or does it lay down like it is glued to the water?We need boat details,Prop size,max rpm and speed a gps for speed or have a fellow boater clock you.The Force is not noted for its speed but lets see what we can do.