1989 sun runner

jay forr

Recruit
Hi i just picked up a 1989 19 ft sun runner with a 305 eng that needs a starter and the seats are junk that has been sitting for 3 years how hard is it going to take to get this boat up and running ? does anyone know the boats reputation?

Last edited:

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1989 sun runner

Welcome to the site. I've got a 1986 220SB Sunrunner that I've been refurbishing. Their reputation is pretty good, even though they are out of business. The 305 engine is a GM smallblock. Plenty of starters and other parts around. Just make sure you buy a marine starter, not an automotive one. I suggest you pick up a service manual for the engine and another one for the outdrive. If you post on the regular iBoats forum, including model numbers of your engine and drive, the experts will be able to tell you which manuals you need and answer any other questions you have. I'm in the midst of rebuilding my seats right now. If you're handy, it's not difficult. If you're not, you can pick up new or used replacement seats. If you go to the Sunrunner's site, you'll get a great deal of information and help. Good luck. Hy