1989 Skeeter Boat

jmfstl

Seaman
Have a friend with a 1989 Skeeter 125FS boat. The last time we had it out it had developed a leak somewhere. After sitting at the dock all night we noticed in the morning it was sitting low in the water. He turned on the bilge pump and it ran I would say for at least 10 minutes. There is no noticeable damage to the hull and everything seems tight.

Has anyone else had similar trouble with this style of boat? If so what did you find and how was it repaired?

Thanks

MyViewGS

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1989 Skeeter Boat

I wouldn't think its a Skeeter boat specific issue. Could be several things. Plugs, seals, hoses....etc.. You might take a good look at the livewell hose connections.

MyViewGS:cool:

jmfstl

Seaman

I think we are going to fill the boat with water and see where it runs out. Seems like a good place to start.

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just be careful how much water you put in. If it's sitting on a trailer, they are only meant to hold the weight of the boat and a few extra lbs for gear. Water gets heavy real quick. Don't put too much or you will be fixing the boat and the trailer.

jmfstl

Seaman

I understand about not to much water. We are going to fill the live wells first and see if anything leaks. Just thought I would try the forum to see if anyone had any ideas.