1989 Force Valve Needle Replacement?

I lost the valve needle (long stupid story...basically im an idiot) that goes in the pilot valve for my 1989 Force power tilt/trim. Just wondering if anyone nows where to get a replacement or a substitue part that would work in its place? or if anyone has an extra one they would be willing to sell?<br /><br />Thanks Alot, Chris

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: 1989 Force Valve Needle Replacement?

I dont have any parts, but I would like to here the long story.

It's really far to embarrassing, but I will tell all, if anyone can locate me a needle or replacement part number.....<br /><br />You got me blush'n just thinkin about it.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

There must be an outboard scrapyard around the big lake you live on.

The Marine Doctor

Commander

You live in Fon du lac....This is the main warehouse for mercury...I am sure you can souce a pilot valve there.<br /><br />TMD

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

What exactly is the pilot valve , and the valve needle?<br /><br />Is this the check valve in the base of the pump.<br /><br />I looked at an exploded view of your unit, and didn't see anything called a pilot valve.

Clanton describes the pilot check valves awesome here (it totally fixed my trim, until 'the incident' occured):<br /> http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=33;t=001435 <br />I have checked with Mercury Marine here and dealers and they maintain that that part of the trim is "unserviceable", and will not work with me at all to find the part.<br />I appreciate the help!

clanton

Rear Admiral

Still looking, I heard you could buy new check valve from dealer, if so I will have part number by monday.

Thanks you guys for the help!<br />Roscoe no dice on that link, its the same deal, they have all the parts for the cylinders but nothing for the motor or the pump.

Well until that fine day comes when I get the real part. I have forged my own substitution out of an aliminum rod and it works about as good as it did before I went and fixed the ol'girl...how very ironic. <br />I must go and lash myself now.

clanton

Rear Admiral

I have my hands on 2 pumps,trying to make one work, will advise you of left overs, may take a fews days, mother in hosp.

clanton

Rear Admiral

Email me your address to clanton@earthlink.net, and I will mail you a needle for the valve. Remember you owe me big time.<br /><br />Clanton