1989 Force 125 water pressure

isis

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I recently put on a water pressure gauge on the outboard.Yesterday took it out fishing and notice that the gauge was barely reading 2psi.The alarm went off also and disconnect.The water was coming up of the exhaust pee hole so i thought the water was cooling the block. I continue taking the boat out 2 miles offshore and had problem.The gauge barely reads 2psi the whole time. If the block wasn't getting enough water i sure it would the blew up with running it that long and far.After fishing i hook the ear muff on and flush out the motor and connect the alarm to see if it would go off but did not. I so confuse why it reading a low psi and water is coming out the pee exhaust port fairly well. The gauge is brand new and have about 10feet on hose running from motor to gauge. Any suggestion?
Thank you

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1989 Force 125 water pressure

If the impeller is fairly new,you might need to replace the thermostat(if there's
one in there).The thermo makes a back pressure along with the pressure relief in the bottom of the motor.That causes the guage to read.
If your alarm is going off then change the impeller.If you put a telltale in,the excess pressure may stop the guage from reading.Jerry