1989 Evinrude XP200 Cooling System

WSmitty

Cadet
I was wandering if anyone could assist me with finding out the path that water flows through my cooling system. Here is what I already know:<br />Enters the lower unit, goes through water pump, up the inside of lower unit, when it comes out is where I am concern. It appears as though it goes through some sort of housing thats located close to mt throttle assembly. From there I am not sure. :confused: It appears as though it goes to my water pressure guage and thermostat housing/ cylinder heads. Is there a place I might be able to find a flow chart for this. I recently bought the clymers repair manual (which helps alot) but nothing on the flow path. :) <br />Thanks for any help.

TexasHawkeye

Cadet
Re: 1989 Evinrude XP200 Cooling System

There is a flow diagram in the back of the OMC Service Manual, P/N 507875. The diagram number is DR1429.

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: 1989 Evinrude XP200 Cooling System

The little housing is a water control valve. The valve allows the thermostats to lift off of there seat above 2000 rpms. This can be bypassed by change to different thermostat cover, thermostat, and adding a spring. DHadley has the details. I will try out my new computer and send you a diagram if you email me at clanton@glasgow-ky.com