1989 evinrude 110 v4

taylormade

Cadet
just wondering what the part is called underneath the flywheel...it has 3 or 4 wires comming out of it going to the bus bar....its not the powerpack , but the ?....the oils (pcbs) are melted and the wires are ...burnt... just dont know what to call it.....and i guess i need a new one.....=(.....

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1989 evinrude 110 v4

Yep....probably the stator. Taylor....post your model number and we can give ya' a part number fer it.

taylormade

Cadet

i found out thats its called the rectifier/regulator... has 5 wires comming out...they are burnt.... priced one out and will get it ....the only way i can get it off though is too remove the flywheel .... i never wanted to do this....<br /><br />*history* the motor was siezed from sitting out on the water with the leg up.... (corrosion behind pistons) i freed it up byremoving the heads and soaking for weeks....but the torque of the nut on the flywheel from spinning it by hand has really torque it on.....<br /><br />i have tried heat ,pullers and all kinds of lubricants and rust eaters but cant get it off....<br /><br />my next plan of attack wasto get a new flywheel and just cut the other one off with a grinder....<br /><br />i know the shaft is tappered with the key...and the shaft is probly groved from the high torque...b ut if i can save this i might get another summer out of it before its parts....<br /><br />any tough flywheel comments would be appreciated...i will try all before i cut it off.... =) thanks all

jy118lfd

Chief Petty Officer

Loosen the nut but leave it on, loose Then put the puller back on it and tighten it, then give the top of the puller a good rap with a hammer preferbly brass. It should come off, sometimes some heat from a butane torch needs to be added to the flywheel around the crank where the taper is. These have always worked for me. Cutting it is not advised due to the damage that may be caused to the crank. Just try to use a good quality puller and make sure it pulls even on the flywheel

taylormade

Cadet

all is well...= ) i went and got myself some grade 8 bolts and washers... beefed up ther puller with some 5/16 metal....tightened up and keept tightening...finally when i couldnt turn it any more with the big ratchet i put a 5 foot extension on it and kept going....(maybe not a good idea) but i was hooped anyways so i kept going....POP there it went with no apparent damage...<br /><br />now i tried to finese 2 of the stubborn bolts on the rectifer but they broke anyways so now to get them out... <br /><br />** anyone got any good techniques for broken bolts..one is 5/16 sticking up and the other 1/2 inch...im soaking them over night....<br /><br /> but none the less im happy with the flywheel situation =) thanks to all that assisted me =)

Walker

Captain

Hand held propane torch. Remove or Protect anyting close that might burn or melt. Heat the bolts up red hot then a good pair of vicegrips will screw them out.