1989 50hp force - throtle cable question

Dave1071

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
3
I just had a repair man put on a new prop, water pump, carbarator, and throtle cables. Now when i put the throtle down to about 20%, it feels like it slips out of gear (rpms are high but no power). When i watch the cables with the engine off, it seems like the top cable, out of 2, moves at the point on the throtle control where the engine slips when running. When putting the engine in forward, are both cables supposed to move? or does one cable control forward, and the other control reverse?
 

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
8,200
Re: 1989 50hp force - throtle cable question

One cable controls the trhottle, the other controls shifting. I think you have a spun hub in the propeller. That's a rubber cushion pressed into the prop. If that's a new prop, I'd doubt a hub failure. But if it's used...
 
Top