1988 Thompson Daytona 275

chadh

Cadet
Hello, I am looking to buy this boat, it is in great shape, if anyone has any experience with Thompson boats good or bad please let me know. It has Dual omc v6 engines w/cobra outdrives. I have read that the outdrive may be outdrive parts may be hard to come by in the future.Any opinions<br />would help with my decision thanks chad

Re: 1988 Thompson Daytona 275

i have a 1989 daytona 270 and i love it. i have done alot of work to it, but overall they are great boats. the only problem i have found is findong parts for the electrical components like circuit breakers and new shower pumps. On the drives i have the alpha drives so cant help you on that. But they are great boats if it has been taken care of.

NoGin

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1988 Thompson Daytona 275

I have a 1987 Thompson Daytiona 290 that I am actually considering selling. I love the boat and have put a TON of money into modernizing it but I have the 3.7 190 Mercs and Alpha one outdrives that I don't like. I have had problems with the crappy stator charging system so upgraded to the alternator conversion kit which is awesome and a must. I have had minor electrical problems but I re-wired about 80% of the boat so that's all good. i recently busted my port outdrive and have found some used ones for sale to replace it with so used parts are pretty readily available. Just understand that these boats are great but they are old and will come with issues. That's the only reason I may sell mine and buy a new one. I don't have the time to work on the boat so I will sell her cheap and buy a new one to enjoy! PM me with any questions on the Thompsons. I know a lot about them and have done most of the work myself. Good luck!