1988 Black Max issue

jlyalls

Cadet
Hello to all I am new to the forum. I just recently purchase a 1988 Cajun Maverick Maxima and run the boat about 4 times when the famous beeping occurred. I did my research and found that the reservoir float was low and making the alarm go off. SO...after troubleshooting and cleaning the filter and shooting air through my lines I realized that its not clogged. Air is pumping into the line but the oil fails to make it to the reservoir. Perhaps I need to drain and bleed everything? Maybe the pulse valve is messed up? Some guys are telling me i may have mixed in synthetic with regular marine oil...yikes...but it has ran no problem for a while so IDK. Just curious if anyone knows the pressure amount that is suppose to push out of the valve to force air into the tank which forces oil into the reservoir. I did kind of bogg up in some mud and had to give some full throttle to escape and about 25 mins later the oil alarm was beeping. So im hoping i didnt blow a gasket. I guess this is where a pressure test would come in handy. Thanks ahead for replys!!!

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 1988 Black Max issue

Gday,You could have a leak somewhere in the system.All lids must be tight.Try loosening off lid on reservoir at engine,then start engine and oil should fill and overflow(dont forget rag)then tighten.That will shut up beeping for a while.Then keep an eye on the level.

jlyalls

Cadet
Re: 1988 Black Max issue

Thankyou for your input I actually figured out what was going wrong. I had a mechanic give me a pulse valve. Come to find out mine was shot. I popped the new one in and its pumping oil like its suppose to now. The bad pulse valve you could see all the way through so device inside is missing or worn out I suppose. Anyhow thanks for your info!