FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Yup, it is doable with 2 guys and a 6 pack Really though, I have done it by myself with an engine hoist (cherry picker) too. I have also taken the powerhead off first, then the rest of the motor when I did not have help.
There's a youtube video of a guy using a hydraulic jack to lift the motor up, two guys balancing then set it down on a stand (which I will build). My issue is lack of space/room for a cherry picker/engine hoist. I'm thinking the jack idea is the way to go...
I have a tree outside in my "garage"(yard).
Lifting it off is gonna be tougher than you think.
255 quickly turns into 500 real fast!!
If your gonna put it on the ground, it's gonna be easier cause it will probably fall there anyway