1988 21' Mariner CC Gas Tank ??

TROP

Cadet
I have a 1988 21' Mariner Center Consol. Wanted to know what size the fuel tank is ?? It is in under floor in front of center consol.
Thanks!!

airshot

Rear Admiral
Good luck, when I bought my Sylvan, I had the same issue. After months of coming up blank, I pulled the live well to get to the tank fill inlet and there is a sticker giving all the tank specs. All mfgrs put the info by the cap where all the fittings enter..

Gibbles

Commander
I did some searching online last night, i didn't find a solid answer.

Suggestions i did find said you had anywhere from a 52 gallon belly tank to a 35 gallon.

airshot

Rear Admiral
I did some searching online last night, i didn't find a solid answer.

Suggestions i did find said you had anywhere from a 52 gallon belly tank to a 35 gallon.
And you probably won't find anything posted anywhere. Many of these boats were offered with different size tanks so not one size only. Grab a gas can and run it dry, then go fill it up.. When I had to do that on mine it took 17 gallons to fill it. Over the winter I removed all the stuff in the way to find the mfgrs tag that showed it was an 18 gallon tank. Follow the fill tube down to the tank, there will be a mfgr tag with specs on it.