1988 150xp electrical testing

heid919

Cadet
I need to test various electrical components on this motor. I have the guides and specs. It calls for a stevens #77 meter. I have several automotive meters---flukes, snap-on, mac----- and am experienced on their usage(master certified tech). Do I have to buy the stevens or will my meters work. I surmise that they will as ALL functions for testing are covered by my meters. I will make several jumper cables to get into the plugs/recepticles safely. I will test at room temp/ambient temperatures to eliminate variances due to elevated temps.
Anyone out there who can answer this one!

Am new to outboards, hence some basic questions. Thanks, Dennis

jonesg

Admiral
Re: 1988 150xp electrical testing

I need to test various electrical components on this motor. I have the guides and specs. It calls for a stevens #77 meter. I have several automotive meters---flukes, snap-on, mac----- and am experienced on their usage(master certified tech). Do I have to buy the stevens or will my meters work. I surmise that they will as ALL functions for testing are covered by my meters. I will make several jumper cables to get into the plugs/recepticles safely. I will test at room temp/ambient temperatures to eliminate variances due to elevated temps.
Anyone out there who can answer this one!

Am new to outboards, hence some basic questions. Thanks, Dennis

All you need is a DVA adapter.
or a marine meter.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mari...tZMotors_Automotive_Tools?hash=item439e6f69d2