1987 force 85 hp engine questions

greetings, just picked up a 87 bayliner capri with 85 hp force...the motor starts and runs well...however before i take her out i want to do some maintence.i will be replacing fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel line w/bulb, with all new gas/oil mix....i also am going to change the gear oil, and change the water pump...my question is where does the water come out of these engines? i dont see any streams of water coming out when i start her up with the water coupling on it....also any tips for changing the pump?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1987 force 85 hp engine questions

Force motors don't work well with the hose muffs.<br />Best to invest in a tank or barrel of suitqable size.<br />There is no traditional telltale as on Mercs or Evinrudes.<br />The water will splatter out the exhaust relief holes on the back of the motor, just below the powerhead.<br />The rest of the water exits from the exhaust snout which is just above the prop.<br /><br />You can add a telltale or water pressure gauge by connecting a line to the small plug located just above the thermostat cover on the top of the powerhead.