1987 Force 125 Steering Pulls Hard to Right

lovethelakes

Cadet
I have an 87 Bayliner Bass Striker with Force 125 outboard. Always pulls hard to the right, i have to keep constant pressure on the wheel or it will dive quickly to the right. The fin on the motor under the cavitation plate doesnt look adjustable. So what can I do?

gdean7

Seaman
Re: 1987 Force 125 Steering Pulls Hard to Right

I have a 1985 Bayliner Capri with a Force 125 as well, my boat seems to do the same thing. It pulls to the right, a pain in the butt when trying to pull a tube or wakeboarder... I'd also listen to any suggestions!

ljshein

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Guys,<br /><br />I have an 84 Bayliner with a Force 125. Mine used to do exactly the same thing. That fin you describe is a type of trim tab.<br /><br />I promise it's adjustable. There is a single bolt on the edge of the tab, loosen it up and you'd be surprised how mych movement there is.<br /><br />The picture will give the details :)<br /><br />
trim-tab.gif

lovethelakes

Cadet

yes I saw that, butmine is already all the way to the right. So what next? Also does anybody know what the set screw under the steering colum is for?

Dawg2

Cadet

Most bass boats have a right torque pull but if electric T&T works should be able to trim out at speed till no pull at all or very little .Mine also has right pull but when on plane hit tilt trim up till it gets better or goes away all together.Also having the right prop for boat and motor combination plays a big roll in torque pull also.Mine came with a 13.5x15 prop very little pull at all.Changed to a 13.5x17 pull much more noticeable but can correct out after on plane trim adjustment.

mrbuckaro

Cadet

Originally posted by lovethelakes:<br /> yes I saw that, butmine is already all the way to the right. So what next? Also does anybody know what the set screw under the steering colum is for?

mrbuckaro

Cadet

to lovethelakes. the set screw is for trailering your boat. set the motor centered then tighten the screw, when you go around corners the motor will not flop to the side.

mrbuckaro

Cadet

lovethelakes. The set screw is for trailering boat. Set the motor centered, tighten the screw, when you go around corners the motor will not flop to the side. Rember to loosen it on the lake or the steering will be hard

mrbuckaro

Cadet

Sorry. just learning<br />how to post