1987 25 W/A - Suggestions

spies

Recruit
Hi All,<br /><br />I have a chance to get a 1987 25' W/A for $4500 - it has twin OMC 1.8L 140's on it, a hard top, and all the trimmings. The guy that owned it didn't take it out much - it sat on the trailer for most of its life. The motors have 271 hours on them, and when I remove the spark plugs the flywheels turn freely. With them in it takes a great effort. Deck and sides are solid, but there are two hairline cracks in the inside transom corners (most likely because of sitting on the trailer too long)<br /><br />My question is - are there model/year specific things I should look out for? I know the boat will need some TLC to get it going, but it seems solid as a rock. For this price I could invest $6000 in it and still be under Book.<br /><br />What are your opinions?

brokeboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1987 25 W/A - Suggestions

check for rot. i have a 86 21 wa the stringers rotted out of. crappy job from the factory. stringers were just tabbed to hull. i eventually rebuilt the whole boat, stringers, transom and floor. huge job. btw, it was a trailer boat also.