1986 galaxy 4 cyl I/O torque specs for rockers

DerekBogie

Seaman Apprentice
Hello I am new to the site and am in the process of rebuilding a motor. I am very unfamiliar with boats and operations. I purchased a 1986 galaxy with a cuddy cabin. The person whom I has purchased it from was in the process of attempting to change the headgasket. apparentely the moron took out all the rockers, springs, etc... which he believed needed to be removed to get to the head gasket location.
MY problem is i know very little of the engine. The valve cover says GM and it is a 4 cylinder. I am trying to figure our what liter it is and i need to find the torque specs for the rockers. If anyone can point me in the right directions i would appreciate it. I will post pictures of boat and motor tomorrow when daylight appears. thanks.

starsnstripers

Lieutenant
Re: 1986 galaxy 4 cyl I/O torque specs for rockers

Pictures will help some but if you can find a tag with serial#s would be best. Go to the stickys at the top of this page and get a manual for 1986. What drive is it? OMC/Volvo/Mecruiser?

DerekBogie

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1986 galaxy 4 cyl I/O torque specs for rockers

I believe it is a mercruiser but not to be quoted on it. I have tried to download the manuals but it states that the link is not valid. idk why. I will bring up pics tomorrow.