1986 force 125 tilt rebuild help

stepj19

Recruit
Ok I have an 86 force 125 that the tilt leaks down on. I know there are a hundred posts on this topic and I have prolly read all of them lol but am still pretty confused. Can some one with alot of knowledge on this give me a step by step or pics? Does the unit need to come off the boat? Or do u rebuild the valve with it on the boat? 2. Do I take the plate off
The reservoir or just remove the snap rings and run the motor until the valve pops out? Any help would be great. Also anyone have good part numbers for the seals I will need? Thanks

RRitt

Captain
Re: 1986 force 125 tilt rebuild help

I'm not touching this one. IMO, its an accident waiting to happen.

idaharoam

Cadet

I'm not touching this one. IMO, its an accident waiting to happen.

Please. Just tell us. Its obvious you are the man. Oooor. P.m. me how much it would cost me to send it to you to fix for me??? Purdy please.....

Ryan.

RRitt

Captain

He said he read all the posts and is still confused but wants to take the gear plate off his valve body. I'm not going there. If he read all the posts the he shouldn't be confused and he should realize that taking off gear plate is a bad idea.

indianmtn

Recruit

New to the forum I have the Force 125HP same deal the tilt valve body needs rebuild or replaced i want ot try it i undersatnd thru the treads about removing the c clips and the bucket method. I thought i saw were you mentioned some temp brass plugs were the four lines go and then run pump to push out the pistons if correct what were the size of those brass plugs? Also can you leave the 4 lines attached and push the pistons out that method as well.

I ordered a ebay special new valve body but i will try to rebuild mine based on your advise the repro wont last

Thanks
Keith

RRitt

Captain

my gut on the imports is that you should get 2-3 seasons on a 125.

It's possible that because of the way the imports are built that you could use ISO32 instead of motor oil. On the presotilte design the engine would buck if you used a thin fluid like ISO32. But maybe on the aftermarket that doesn't happen? ISO32 would help them last longer. The rubber is too soft and it swells with exposure to oil. Good quality iso32 hydraulic oil is specially engineered to be gentle on rubber. that would be a good thing and would help compensate for one of the big weaknesses. You would just have to experiment.