1986 150 Xr2 stall at full throttle

fd203

Cadet
Just wondering what is the symptoms of a switch box going bad? had the boat out yesterday and ran great all day until we made our way back to the boat ramp, we were running full throttle around 5700 RPM and motor just stalled and swamped us. Restarted and powered up and made it about 200 yards and same symptom, started it again same thing, fuel is staying primed and it will Idle all day long just not full throttle after warm up. oh and by the way there was a loose battery cable thought maybe wiggled loose but it started with it loose and I dont know but they dont need battery power to run do they I thought just for initial startup? thanks for any help.

Skeester45

Cadet
Re: 1986 150 Xr2 stall at full throttle

I have a 1989 75hp mariner that did exactly the same thing to me last time out. It has been running great this year, as it was just before this happened. Started right up afterward and ran for quite awhile until it happened again. I headed in after that (15min run) and she ran fine. I am guessing electrical, but sure would like to hear people's thoughts. Thanks in advance.