1985 mercruiser 140 service bulletins

Rellik546

Petty Officer 1st Class
looking for service bulletins for the 140.

my upper alternator brace cracked, got a new one, while at the dealer they told me that they also updated the alternator bracket. it now has 2 brackets to bolt through instead of just 1. l-l instead of l- this sandwhiches the alternator and keeps it from torquing and shifting which caused the upper brace to snap.

are there other bulletins for this particular model mcm 140 181 cid.

serial # 0A494433

Any help would be great

i think i heard there was also a thermostat housing update? but that maybe have been on the new 1988 model, which is different.

also if there are any other general problems with this motor let me know so i can get replacement parts now. :)

Rellik546

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1985 mercruiser 140 service bulletins

i found the bulletin in the mercruiser section, i couldnt view it. i just tried veiwing it with explorer instead of google chrome and it worked...

however the information for 1986 doesnt work. i found a couple things regarding the hi pressure fuel pump vaporization that was in 1987 and the bracket for the alternator.

any other things i should be aware of?

Rellik546

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1985 mercruiser 140 service bulletins

thanks Don! appreciated...your like the merc oracle i see all your posts in the engine forums. very resourceful, im jealous....someday