1985 Evinrude 25hp, Cooling?

Mucka29

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi,<br /> I just recently bought a 1985 Evinrude 25hp ob short shaft. i ran it for a day and the next i had problims, it ran for 2 hours and than it started surging, i found out that the fuel vent was closed, but it wouldn't start for 10 mins after it stalled. i got it home and but a new water pump in it. the old one wouldn't pump any water. now that i have the one pump in, the motor still runs about 190* is that to hot for it to run. the tell tale line shoots out waterand the water will burn, but the water coming from the exaust is still cold, whats wrong with my motor, any help will be great!

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1985 Evinrude 25hp, Cooling?

Mucka 29 <br /><br />A couple questions. How do you know the temp of the motor is 190 degrees and what do you mean that the old pump would not pump any water? Also, do you mean the water from the tattletale stream will burn you hand? Just a few questions to get going on. More info will help.

Mucka29

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1985 Evinrude 25hp, Cooling?

the water from the tell tale stream will burn your hand but the water from the exaust is cold, before the equipped the new pump i had no water from the tell tale stream or the exaust. i have a snap-on multi meter with a temp-probe on it