1984 Regal 277 Commadore

burntron

Cadet
Good Day Fellow Boaters!
I own the afore mentioned boat.
I've been working on it for awhile. I have replaced the shift console levers and also replaced the camper canvas(6000$). I am presently getting all the teak refinished and also looking at getting the boat repainted/refinished(jell coat-teak7000$). And of course, I just scheduled a survey.
I bought the boat for 15K$.
I love this boat. It has excellent storage and the social life is awesome(10ft beam) with the space it provides. (I recently owned a 1986 Ambassador that I also loved but wanted more space). The engines smoke a bit when you first start it up, but after that it's clean running. I'm also looking at having the vinyl seats redone (unsure of the cost at this time).

I have only 2 questions to ask and 2 observations!
Questions:
1. AM I CRAZY? !!!!!
2. Do any of you know where I might get replacement things such as hatches, port lights, cabin door, manuals etc...? (Boat Junk Yards?)

Observations:
1. This boat is an awesome!
2. I want to keep it for 10-20 years! (I'm an older Mainer of 50 years!)

Thanks for any information you can supply.

PS: I've talked with Regal Boats and they have little to no information on a boat this old. I will try to post some pictures when time permits if you're interested.

Thanks,
Burntron

Dry1

Recruit
Re: 1984 Regal 277 Commadore

Go for it, I did with mine and I am glad that I did given the cost of newer plastic boats.:cool:

ownerII

Recruit

I fully agree we just bought one and it is mint condition. We are the third owners and my husband was able to speak to the original owner and was able to find out so much about the boat. We are looking forward to a great summer on Georgian Bay !
Cheers

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

I know the boat well.we have the 280 commodore and we also upgraded from am Ambassador 255.Its a great solid boat.Hopefully you dont have 4 cyl engines.We loved the teak louvers and front berth door on the 277 but the 280 has more deck hatches,more up to date oval portholes and a transom door.we redid everything as you are planning to do and we are glad we did.We had out hull Imroned in all white and replaced the teak swim platform with a custom made fiberglass one.Most people think it is a newer boat.We eliminated all the colors in the hull and cockpit interior and it really updated the look of the boat.Good luck.If you have any questions that I may be able to help you with feel free to email me at mako6189@hotmail.com Charlie

sstuna

Cadet

That floor looks great! Ilove how you set up shop in what looks to be your living room, I dont think my wife would go for that. i did the floor in 85 255, but just used the cheap sticky tiles. did you glue that floor together or was it cut out of a bigger piese? llok nice either way.