1984 115HP Jet question/comment

acloward

Cadet
I am rebuilding carbs and getting ready for the year with some work on my 115 Serial #6479329.

I fish a couple weekends a month at a lake that is about 7600'. Then for a quick fish after work in the evening or for a one day I run to a lake that is at about 5500'. I am planning on changing the jets but wanted to see if anyone would see any problems with the .070 main and a .092 vent, when going from such extremes on the ends of what the manual calls out for those jets.

I bought this motor last year, and ran at both lakes. It runs great (pushes a 24' pontoon at 22mph at 7600' lake). The person that had this before used it once a year, so I want to go through and make sure all is good.

The only problem that I have really had was it is very hard to start, hence the full carb rebuild.

Any thoughts or advise is appreciated. Fish on

Laddies

Banned
Re: 1984 115HP Jet question/comment

If it's running OK leave the jets alone, clean the carbs and make sure the choke butterflys are against the carb throats, remember that the 2 carb choke system requires the floats are set properly and the idles set a little rich for startup. You may have to play with the starting till you learn the secret to cold starting the engine.