1981 Johnson 70hp: How to remove remote control cable from motor:

BigMega

Cadet
I can't seem to remove the remote control cables from the motor: One came right off, but the other is trapped behind a bracket:
Also, could someone recommend an engine cleaner for the block: The engine has been in storage for 15 years and became home for generations of mice: Before bringing it into the garage for a rebirth I want to get it clean: Tnx

Attachments

• IMG_1058.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1059.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1082.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1083.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1084.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 5

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Use a 7/8" wrench to remove that bolt.----Or remove cotter pin and pin on linkage .----Your choice and both easy.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I can't seem to remove the remote control cables from the motor: One came right off, but the other is trapped behind a bracket:
Also, could someone recommend an engine cleaner for the block: The engine has been in storage for 15 years and became home for generations of mice: Before bringing it into the garage for a rebirth I want to get it clean: Tnx

Please resize your pictures. 5MB per picture takes up a lot of storage we provide for free.

BigMega

Cadet
Please resize your pictures. 5MB per picture takes up a lot of storage we provide for free.
Thank you...I will do that with my next post...Please feel free to remove the oversize pics...I can resize them...