1981 4hp evinrude

Jerry81C

Cadet
Hi folks,

Well my little project has grown. By the way thanks for the help so far. I was given this little 4 and was told it ran.......sometime ago ...Thats funny! I thought I would clean it up funny how little things just grow. I have finally received the complete power head gasket kit, lower and water pump kits and almost through a complete paint job. I have found decals on Nanna's site for the
hood. I'm sorry to ramble but my question is do any of you know where I may find all of the other OEM decals since I'm going through it may as well do it all. I would like to find the decals for fast,slow, mixture,etc but haven't had any luck yet. any guidence would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jerry

Bobe4

Recruit
Re: 1981 4hp evinrude

Jerry, I have a 4hp of 1980 or 1981 year, model number 4BRC1.

I have a fuel starvation problem, but I can't tell what carburetor repair kit to buy for this model.

Also, I managed to snap off the little white plasitc lever thing that holds a link up to the speed lever, adjusting the carb for speed as the user moves the lever from left to right or right to left.

I don't know what this 1-cent plastic part is called, but I broke it, and I wonder if you would know how to identify this part as well as the correct carb repair kit.

Thank you for your help.
Bill in NY

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Not good forum manners to hijack someone else's thread, Bill.

Please start a new thread with your question.

Thanks for your cooperation. :)

Bobe4

Recruit

Didn't mean to 'hijack' this thread.

I'd be glad to start a different thread but I saw--and see now--no icon on the screen labeled 'start new thread' or 'post new topic' or anything else that might suggest a means to start a new thread.

I've linked to several other screens on the site, including FAQs, and still no indication of how to start a new subject. I'm sure it's there somewhere, but after five minutes searching, I have to defer to more experienced users.

So let me know. Didn't mean to offend. Just couldn't find any other way to open communications here.
Bill

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It is at the upper left, Bill, when you have a forum open (but not a thread).