1980 25hp johnson

Shawnfish80

Seaman
Im doing a restoration/total rebuild on a j25rcsa (1980 25hp) and want to know if anyone can tell me torque specs?

Shawnfish80

Seaman
Anyone know why every revolution theres a light clunk and hesitation when i turn the crankshaft?

werewolf

Seaman
if you had the rod caps off you may have them on wrong rod or backwards ,or a bad bearing

Shawnfish80

Seaman
Well...i had not touched anything in the crankcase when this was happening. Completeley disassembled the powerhead,crank etc...and put the crankshaft,rods and pistons back in and when i turn the flywheel( its off im actually just turning the nut on the shaft but theres no clunk or hesitation now so im not sure what was causing it. I do have a question though...anyone know of any assembley info for reassembling a motor that has been taken 100% disassembled??

racerone

Supreme Mariner
A factory service manual has it step by step.---But you knew that I think.

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
Im doing a restoration/total rebuild on a j25rcsa (1980 25hp) and want to know if anyone can tell me torque specs?
..anyone know of any assembley info for reassembling a motor that has been taken 100% disassembled??
You will find the torque settings in appendix A3 of the manual on the Boatinfo website

You will find assembly instructions in the main part of the manual

You will also find how difficult it is to work from a manual that covers umpteen hp sizes spread over best part of two decades

Get youself a dedicated manual from Outboardbooks .com