1980 115 Evinrude Fuel Lines

willy007

Seaman
Hello all,

I recently have been having issues with my 1980 115 Evinrude (E115TLCSA) while accelerating under load. It runs great with muffs and idles great in the water but as soon as the throttle goes down it bogs bad and barely stays running. After reading through several posts on this issue I have concluded that this is most likely a fuel problem. I am going to remove and rebuild the carbs as I don't believe that this has EVER been done and I have already replaced the fuel pump, cleaned out the fuel tank, and replaced the bulb and fuel lines to the motor as they were old and brittle.

My first question is where can I get new fuel lines for ON the motor itself? The majority of these are brittle and leaking fuel and need to be replaced. I have searched around and have found nothing on this... :confused: Is there a kit for the whole motor or will I have to get a roll and cut my own lengths? Also, is there anything specific that I should consider when rebuilding these carbs? They seem pretty straight forward but it will be my first time doing it so any advice or pointers is welcomed!

I checked the spark on all four cylinders and there was a nice blue flash & crack on each one. Additionally I performed a compression test and all cylinders were between 125 and 130 psi cold (I know that I should have brought the temp to normal operating but I was limited on time). Is there anything else that I should check that could cause this issue?

This motor was my grandfathers and has low hours on it in spite of its age. This is the first real issue that I have had with this motor and I would like to keep it looking and running great for years to come so any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

pn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1980 115 Evinrude Fuel Lines

sounds like your on the right track, just be carefull of fuel spraying around the engine.

willy007

Seaman

Any ideas where to get new fuel lines for the motor itself or how to determine what sizes I need?

Fleetwin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You're going to have to buy hose in bulk depending on internal dimensions.

Better auto parts stores will usually have the fuel capable hose sizes available.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

Good call to replace the original fuel hoses. They are not rated to handle today's ethanol fuels. The ethanol will break down the hose over time. Bits of original hose will migrate through the fuel system and can lodge in critical carb fuel passages. Check out the factory parts list for your engine at this website: epc.brp.com You will find most fuel hoses are sold as "bulk", one has a part number. The hose with part number is special. It is specially heat-formed to bend a sharp corner and not kink. part number 326597. You'll want to buy that from your Bombardier dealer-it will come made with 2013 fuel hose. (bulk hose tends to kink when bent into a sharp corner configuration.) They also stock any bulk hose you will need. Your compression is really great. Must be very low hours, as the compression is factory new.

willy007

Seaman

Thank you very much for the replies, I appreciate the time and your recommendation was very helpful!

Last edited: