1979 searay 300 trips breaker no shore power

Dazzlind62

Recruit
Hi...Im new here and Im far from being the sharpest tool in the shed but here it is...have 1979 searay 300 sedan bridge that wont give me shore power because I didnt turn off A/C before plugging in shop vac. With shore power plugged in..turn on main..outlets..battery charger...hot water ..nothing is working. Im a liveaboard in marina.

Dont know what to do? Please advise in layman terms..

Dazzlind62

Recruit
I plug shore power to receptacle on a pole..other end to my boat. The breaker for my slip is down the dock .

mr 88

Commander
Ok. so have you reset the breaker with the shore power cord not plugged into the boat. Then plug it into the boat after you have all your AC switches turned off. Then turn on a few low draw switches and check for power .

mr 88

Commander
Do you have a circuit breaker on your control panel ? Other than that all you can do is trace your AC power to see if you burnt anything up. Usually one of the two breakers I mentioned will trip before it gets to something shorting out.

Dazzlind62

Recruit
Thanks for your reply. Am please to say Ive got shore power...trying to figure out which wire (s) go to hot water breaker..ive 3 black wires loose to attach...i attached each wire to breaker but no hot water...maybe 2 wires shoukd be attached??

mr 88

Commander
3 black wires ? Who juried rigged that ? Anyway you have to start at the tank to see what black wire goes to the power side and what to negative. The 3rd should be one that is grounded to earth , like a 3 pronged GFI house plug. White should be positive in case you run across a splice that changes the color code of the wires .