1979 Sea Sprite

mattallen

Cadet
Hello everyone I have been trying to find more information on my boat and I am running into alot of trouble.

I have a 1979 Sea Sprite tri-hull with an 80 hp Mercury(recently put on)

My metal plate with boat capacity is worn and unreadable. I am looking for the specs on this boat. Capacity, max engine size and all the information I can get for it.

I did do some checking on NADA for information and under Sea Sprite they give some other models and I am not sure which one it is. Not that it matters because they don't have all the information anyway.

The links below will take you to a couple of galleries of my boat.
http://picasaweb.google.com/computerkickstart/TripToHowardLake?authkey=Gv1sRgCOXQsoai9fiFGA#

http://picasaweb.google.com/computerkickstart/2009FallBoatRestoration#

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1979 Sea Sprite

I'm of no official help....but I would expect an 18' tri-hull to have a pretty hefty max HP. Somewhere in the range of 120-140.

mattallen

Cadet

Thanks for your input.

Ya I was thinking that I would like to 110 hp on it if I can find a good deal on a good running used one.

I am still wondering about all of the information on the boat. It hate not knowing any of the info on my own boat.

But that is what happens when you buy a 30 year old boat for $400 I guess.

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

a buddy of mine had a 1985 openbow seasprite vhull, and It had a 115 johnson extra long shaft with a jacker plate on the back of it. So i would assume that you would be fine with a bigger motor. here are a few pics of the one he had.

DSCF2190.jpg

DSCF2191.jpg

mattallen

Cadet

Ok I will have to start searching hard for a motor. Does any body know what the legal capacity would be on my boat? I am putting all new seats in and would like to know how many people I can plan for.