FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just aquired a 1979 7.5 HP Clinton outboard. I was wondering what gas to oil ratio I should use. I searched the forum and I have seen 16:1 and 24:1 using chainsaw oil. Which one should I use?
Tim
Motors larger tha 5.76 cubes use 48:1 Yours is 8.59.Generic service manual states,"use quality outboard oil"that would be TCW3 rated oil.A quality 2 stroke oil will work as well.