1978 STRYKER bass boat.. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianboater

Cadet
I have a 1978 Stryker 17'6" bass boat.<br />Just bought it a month ago, the model\serial # plate is gone and the max hp rating plate is gone.<br />If anyone has one or knows what the max hp is that i can put on this boat, please reply!<br />I have a 50 hp rude on it now but 32mph is tops.<br />also what happened to stryker? <br />thanks

Craigw

Cadet
Re: 1978 STRYKER bass boat.. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I just sold the same boat(I had it for 6 years) only it was a 85 version. I had a 75 Johnson on the back which would put me at 45mph WOT. I have been researching for years and I cannot find them. I think they fell off the face of the earth in the 80's

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Is this the Stryker boat that is aluminum?

indianboater

Cadet

This Stryker is fiberglass, pretty decent shape for a 1978 model, I want to put a 115 johnson on it instead of the 50 rude that i have on it now,maybe it'll go faster than 32mph!<br />I just dont know if it will handle it or not, I dont want it to look like a rocket ready to take off!! :rolleyes:

rstrong

Recruit

my dad bought one new, from a boat show in the late 70's 17'6". it was equiped with a 115 hp mercury outboard. (this hp rating was at powerhead, not at prop.)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to iboats!

Considering that this thread is from 2002 and is over 6 1/2 years old..... I suspect the problem was solved. Thank you for your input but I think this one will become closed so it can drift back into the archives!

Status
Not open for further replies.