1977 Zodiac Mark II

grumpyoldman

Recruit
Could anyone give me a reasonable guesstimate on the value of a 1977 Zodiac Mark II RIB. Sorry, I do not have pictures. The boat appears to have had little if any use, and certainly not in the last few years. Holds air well, no patches have been found as yet. Floors are near new looking, transom is tight to the hull (have heard that the transom may come unglued after lots of use), came folded in the covers, and the covers, although dusty, have no rips and all the cover seams are good.
I really have no idea what value to place on this boat. The original paperwork that came with it shows it sold new in 1977 for $1,900.00 including taxes. Thanks for any and all help.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1977 Zodiac Mark II

Welcome to the forums,

Is that a sib or rib, on sibs transom usually comes off with time, use and abuse, on ribs being part of the deck, don't. You are looking at a 35 year oldie, if pvc or hypalon made, have amply passed it's life span expectacy. Although fabric looks in mint condition, glued parts won't, will be already dried out. Could have a seam rupture anytime due to old glue issues having lost it's holding property. Don't know if at that time there was thermo welding as now a days which should last more than glued seams.

When buying oldies in mint condition generally with seller permission inflate sib/rib to at least 3.0 psi with a gauge, can take advantage to perform a tube soapy test to search for hidden air leaks. If tubes holds ok for at least 1 hour minimum without seam ruptures, could make an offer knowing you are buying an inflatable that won't let you grounded at the beach on it's first pre outing. If after air testing it's still in one piece, how about a hostile $ 300 offer to begin with :facepalm: ?

Happy Boating