1976 omc ford 302 shooting oil out of dipstick tube

Skipster1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1976 omc ford 302 shooting oil out of dipstick tube

No one can do you much good with a non-specific Title like "Please Help".... you have to be specific cause most of the folks have expertise in certain areas and you need to change your title to get them to look at your problem. Everyone posting here needs help...... <br />You also need to spell out what kind of engine you have, what year it is, etc.<br />Re-post and put up a title like "I have multiple oil leaks in my 8 cylinder Merc 302 short block".<br />Something like that.<br />Then you'll get the help you need.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Just a shot in the dark with what info you offered but here goes. With all the new stuff you installed did you install new valve covers or oil breather cap (oil filler hole cap)? If so make sure the breather cap is open. If closed the air pressure in the block will have to go out the area with the weakest resistance. The oil dip stick tube.

Bondo

Staff member

My Best Guess is,<br />You did Something Wrong................ :D

DHPMARINE

Captain

kwild22<br /><br /><br />what color is the oil,how many quarts did you pour in.<br />Hope I can help.<br />DHP

kwildog22

Cadet

5 quarts of oil, its fresh oil and did this with the stock heads on it once before.