1975 Johnson 50 hp water pump questions

Billansor

Cadet
Hi all<br />Model number is 50ESL75B 1975 Johnson 50 HP<br /><br />How vigorus should the water be coming out of the water output hole?? It does come out but just does not seem to be a real intense stream like my newer mariner 15 horsepower motor made in 1994. Obviously when the motor runs faster the more water comes out. It does not seem to be overheating but also we are only running on one cylinder due to a bad coil. So when in replacing the coil, I wanted to also find out more on the whats and hows of the water pump. Is there an online manual of showing how to dismantle and install a water pump for this Johnson unit?<br />Thanks all for your patience and replys..<br />Bill

Billansor

Cadet
Re: 1975 Johnson 50 hp water pump questions

Thank you for answering..... I am presently bidding on a manual from Ebay that has several years worth of motors. Hopefully I will will be able to acquire the manual. <br />Still the question of how much output the water pump shows while the motor is running to even let me know if the water pump is putting out like it should..<br />Again Thanks to all who have answered.<br />Bill