1975 4hp erude fuel pump

sdcoll

Cadet
well today i decided to get this erude going,so i connect the fuel lines from the tank and pull the choke and pump it a couple of times but notice that the line wasn't building up pressure.when i open the hood i noticed that fuel was spayed all inside the motor and hood.after a closer look at it while i pumped it fuel was spraying out of the fuel pump,i put an attachment of the fuel pump picture and you'll see in the diagram that part #5 a simple screw that screws into part#1 but the treads in part 1 are striped so its not sealing it tight so it leaks.my question ....is there anything that i could do to fix this without spending $80 for a whole new pump?is there anyone that has come across this problem....i did get this motor running for a bit and wow are these ever quiet:eek:

Attachments

• fuel pump.jpg
    fuel pump.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

sdcoll

Cadet
Re: 1975 4hp erude fuel pump

thanks tashasdaddy for finding that cause the search i did, all i was able to find was at $80 for that part,at $40 its a little more reasonable .....hum wonder why i wasn't able to find that now............................thanks again