1975 15' fish boat- Name??

mnaluma

Recruit
Hello all, new member here, old aluminum fish boat owner. I picked up a good ole boat yesterday, 1975 open fish boat, 15'+, 3 benches and little bow seat, splash plate transom,55"ish beam ,seems heavy duty as more ribs than others, seems thicker gauge than most but do not know what it would have been called "officially". I have seen threads about contacting Alumacraft and would appreciate a current contact person/ number or even a good guess to what it was called...I learned a lot from you all about repairs/ many other things while researching about types and chose this based on what I learned. Opening Day coming soon in MN!!!

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1975 15' fish boat- Name??

Welcome mnaluma.... The serial# is stamped on the transom brace.

Call or e-mail your info to Sue Prax at Alumacraft. She can help and give you more information about your boat. Phone 507-931-1050 or on the Alumacraft web site, Contact Information page, you can e-mail.

mnaluma

Recruit
Re: 1975 15' fish boat- Name??

Thank you RR , will be in touch with Sue.

mnaluma

Recruit
Re: 1975 15' fish boat- number isn't right

Re: 1975 15' fish boat- number isn't right

Hello all, I did get in touch with Sue at Alumacraft. Got information based on serial number, but wait....the specs she said doesn't match what I have, hmmmmnn ...perhaps this stamped number is not from this boat as it is pop rivited onto stern... will try to figure out how you all got pics posted here and will try for the expertise out there to determine. I rebuilt exterior stern motor board and my Yamaha 2 stk 8 horse gets it down the road...

Best part is that the boat floats dry, one rivet seeps a tad, and it catches fish. On Minnesota Opener , Northerns biting in shallow lake I fish, was too tired from cabin work to stay up at night or get up in early am to go after walleyes as that's the only time they bite in this lake...

Now that this one is on the water; I had a very old WI duckpainted vhull lightweight 14' alum that I got the paint off of following many tips here, I went with a commercial stripper (don't go there) that had a lesser amount of MChloride in it, mostly solvents and rubbed down with #2 steel wool and mineral spirts as a final... I throughly rinsed and scrubbed seams with water/soap and hope to avoid the corrosiveness problem...About 90% of paint off exterior, 75% off interior and the thing about aluminum which makes me feel good about the effort is the interior metal looked as good as it must have off the line in the late 50's early 60's. It's an amazing material.