1974 Starcraft Jetstream

Michaelduf

Cadet
I have a 1974 Starcraft Jetstream 2 years back on Crasigslist for a steal. Motor runs great and actually just had the carbs rebuilt this winter. I am trying now to redo the floors/seating. I am having trouble getting the side panels off to take out the floor. Any suggestions would be helpful! Craft1.jpgCraft 2.jpgcraft 3.jpg

MNhunter1

Ensign
You should just be able to remove the screws or drill out the rivets from the base trim into the deck, as well as that top trim piece, which if I recall correctly, is also riveted to the underside of the gunnel as well. There are likely rivets located behind the center trim piece that attach to the inside shelf.

You could also drill out the rivets at the lower edge of the panel where it attaches to the lower trim, but the trim piece will still need to be removed from the deck.

Michaelduf

Cadet
You should just be able to remove the screws or drill out the rivets from the base trim into the deck, as well as that top trim piece, which if I recall correctly, is also riveted to the underside of the gunnel as well. There are likely rivets located behind the center trim piece that attach to the inside shelf.

You could also drill out the rivets at the lower edge of the panel where it attaches to the lower trim, but the trim piece will still need to be removed from the deck.
I drilled out all the rivets I can see, its loose but still secured in there. I dont want to rip it out and break it. Just so confused.

MNhunter1

Ensign
Did you get the rivets behind that center trim piece that go through the panel and fasten into the inside aluminum shelf?

Moserkr

Chief Officer + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2021
When I couldnt find a rivet or screw that was hiding Id pull from an edge gently and if it didnt give a bit then theres one within a foot or so of that spot. If you cant find it use a flashlight to shine into the crevice and see where its hiding. If they can build it, then you can take it apart. I do like the look of that side panel though. Pretty nice with the trim and upscale vinyl.

Michaelduf

Cadet
Alright I got the side panels out and all floor boards. Thank you all for replying. Took out the nasty foam that was underneath. Now im cleaning out the bottom of the boat, any suggestions? Should i just clean it out or sand it down or what?

Michigan Lakes

Petty Officer 3rd Class
A powerwash followed by a leak test is never a bad idea. Lots of different approaches in past and current builds here on the forum.