1973 115hp Tower of Power, Straight 6 Bogging down

BulletGenius

Cadet
Last year my motor would bog down after a few seconds WOT, this would force me to reduce throttle to ~20% and only with someone on the "Ball" (pump) on the line would be able to run fine WOT. That makes me think a fuel pump or carbs. I am in the process of disassembly of the 3 carbs but have serious reservations due to them being VERY stuck onto the engine. I fear I will break something If I try hard. I took apart the fuel pump but nothing looks broken. In the lowest carburetor the fuel inlet plunger/needle looks fine, no gunk or buildup. I am not to familiar with these carbs or this fuel pump to know what is out of the ordinary.
On the other hand the fuel lines to the carburetors, on the carbs, and water lines next to them seem pretty old so I am replacing them. Any recommendations for water line? Fuel Line (A1~)?
Thank you in advance!

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I do not believe there are any " water lines " near the carburetors.

jamesatfifteen

Recruit
I would be delicate with the carbs, some of the replacement parts for that model 73' TOP 115 , are "obsolete"... ask me how I know. I would check your fuel/water separator ,and absolutely change those fuel lines!
BTW, there is another member with this same problem in the forums dated 5/29/23.

Last edited: