1972 Valco 14' hull information

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUMOLOGIST

Recruit
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum and have been searching all over trying to get the weight capacity for my, new to me, aluminum boat. It is a 14ft. 1972 Valco. It appears that the original transom was replaced and/or the plate with the capacities is no longer there.
I am going to make some small changes to the hull: floor, pour foam, and some general layout changes. I want to be sure that I am not overdoing anything the boat is designed for.
Thank you for your help with this.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Look for a Valco thats similar dimensions to yours

I dont get these types of buildouts, raises center of gravity, reduces capacity for people, gear & motor.

But good luck w your project

Desertpoint

Recruit
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum and have been searching all over trying to get the weight capacity for my, new to me, aluminum boat. It is a 14ft. 1972 Valco. It appears that the original transom was replaced and/or the plate with the capacities is no longer there.
I am going to make some small changes to the hull: floor, pour foam, and some general layout changes. I want to be sure that I am not overdoing anything the boat is designed for.
Thank you for your help with this.
Not sure if you found this already but here is what my 14’ Valco says for weight capacity. Hope it helps

Attachments

• 4F6F7588-DE70-41D2-A1A0-C0B09B8F8EEF.jpeg
    4F6F7588-DE70-41D2-A1A0-C0B09B8F8EEF.jpeg
    346.3 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.