1972 50hp evinrude Lark Selectric

dmeckley

Recruit
I recently bought a 1972 50hp evinrude Lark Selectric. I am having issues trying to remove the lower end to change the water pump. I am unable to find where I disconnect from the top.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Find the green and blue wires that go down beside the engine block.-----Slide the rubber covers back.----Undo the knife connectors.------Attach something to pull the wires back up.-----You do have all the bolts out ?-----There is one hidden under the trim tab.

dmeckley

Recruit
I didn't remove all the bolts yet, due to thinking there was another bolt I had to remove somewhere by the starter ( I have been looking on YouTube, and they have been showing a bolt that needs to be removed from a shifting linkage). I didn't want all the weight on that one upper bolt.

dmeckley

Recruit
I didn't remove all the bolts yet, due to thinking there was another bolt I had to remove somewhere by the starter ( I have been looking on YouTube, and they have been showing a bolt that needs to be removed from a shifting linkage). I didn't want all the weight on that one upper bolt.
Thank you by the way. I do appreciate your help.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
There is no bolt to remove near the starter !!-----There is no shift rod / linkage on a 1972 model !-----The shifting is electric.----Therefor you must find the wires.