1970 115 evinrude... THANK YOU everyone that has helped

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer
Just thought I would update a bit on my motor<br />For those that don't know I bought this boat, trailer, and motor with unknown history and fighting battle after battle to get her goin again. This is what has been done to the motor<br />Resealed LU and changed fluid, Changed Distributor(2), coil(2), pp, bunch of flywheel keys =o) reed valves,fuel lines, decarb twice, plugs,wires, prop,changed height on motor twice =o) throttle cable, rebuilt carbs, adjusted timing, and lync and sync about 10 times.<br /><br />The news is I threw it all in the hat after the last changes and took her to the lake expecting the worste. Got just past the no wake zone and started to raise the throttle. With every move of the throttle the RPM's increased . At about 1/2 throttle she was up on plane and runnin strong. Could back down on throttle and cruise along quite nicely. Was out on the lake about 3 hours. 2 1/2 of those cruisin around. I could not get her to do anything wrong. Didn't take the cover off once... and boy was it relaxing. The best part was knowing that I could move the throttle and get the response I was looking for this whole time... THANK YOU EVERYONE THAT HAS HELPED!!<br /><br />Bought the tube tonight and planning on going back out sunday for some good boatin fun.. FINALLY It's been work but well worth it.<br /><br />Thanks again :)<br />I'll be sure to post anything new that may come up!!

tr918

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1970 115 evinrude... THANK YOU everyone that has helped

It is always good to hear a good outcome. Congrats!