1969 V156 Sportster

jcatron

Cadet
I am new to the forum and NEW to boats also!<br /><br />I am kind of restoring this old boat but it will look nothing like the original. The floor is in great shape, with no weak spots at all. There are a few places on the hull that need to be repaired though, but I am up to the challenge!<br /><br />In the front of the boat under the curved storage compartment , there is a white tube comming out of the botom of the hull.<br /><br />
White%20Tube.jpg
<br /><br />What is this for? Does this boat have a bilge pump?<br /><br />Thanks!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1969 V156 Sportster

Welcome aboard John, that might be a drain for that compartment incase water got in there, don't know for sure though.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Where does it come out at? Have you found the other end. Could be a drain, or a way to route wires to the front. :confused:

jcatron

Cadet

I can't find anywhere it comes out. and I've stripped the whole inside of the boat! I tried to blow into it and it seems like it is plugged up or something.<br /><br />
Current.jpg

jcatron

Cadet

Sorry guys!<br /><br />I just pulled on the tube and come to find out it was only about 10" long, so it apparently didn't go anywhere! I am so new to boats I was thinking that this had a bilge pump or something, but I guess it don't.<br /><br />The first picture is a bit missleading. The tube was only about 1/4" in diameter, with the hole was only about 1/8" inside.<br /><br />Thanks!

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Not a problem John. Im just glad we could figure it out for you. :D :D

JasonB

Lieutenant

Looks like the pick-up tube from a lower unit fluid pump.