1969 Evinrude 40 hp problem

Dickinson

Cadet
I have a 1969 40 hp evinrude outboard motor that I have gotten excellent feedback and help on getting it going, I need your help once again. I Have had it running good and decided to put a little sea foam in a tank and ran it through and it was all good. Then I put the right amount of oil in again and some more sea foam in another tank and ran it most of the way through and then going down the lake fun bore the engine died and there was oil that had leaked out of the lower spark plug and out of the top bolt of the exhaust manifold. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again all,
Dickinson

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1969 Evinrude 40 hp problem

I have a 1969 40 hp evinrude outboard motor that I have gotten excellent feedback and help on getting it going, I need your help once again. I Have had it running good and decided to put a little sea foam in a tank and ran it through and it was all good. Then I put the right amount of oil in again and some more sea foam in another tank and ran it most of the way through and then going down the lake fun bore the engine died and there was oil that had leaked out of the lower spark plug and out of the top bolt of the exhaust manifold. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again all,
Dickinson

No way anybody can answer that without just guessing. Except the spark plug is loose, has no gasket, or possibly has had a Heli-Coil insert installed in the hole (crooked).

No way to tell from here why it quit running.