1969 115 HP Johnson OB Help!

yoba439

Cadet
Model 115ESL69S SER J3046310
Installed new power pack and wired it up.Have the manual,CD-77,multimeters and tested rectifier which tested ok. The problem is there is no spark. When I tested the Ignition safety circuit assy. OEM# 0383950 it tested bad on both test. When I ran a jumper from terminal #7 to #9 it has bright blue spark and starts right up.However since this is a safety circuit I by-passed I am unable to locate this item in any search and am afraid to leave this important unit out. Is there another number I should use instead of this BRP OEM number or does anyone have the schematic so I can build this 4 wire unit. Also I cannot locate a kill wire (BLK/YEL) to run to M Terminal on Key switch and then on to ground.Thanks

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1969 115 HP Johnson OB Help!

Contact laingsoutboards.com, they are quite stocked with parts for the older stuff, Im sure they will be able to help you out.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1969 115 HP Johnson OB Help!

You have the wrong ignition switch but it might work if the A terminal is hot when cranking. Switches with M terminals are for magneto and/or MagCD ignitions, neither is what you have. That is why you don't have a black/yellow kill wire. Your motor takes a battery ignition switch with 3 terminals, Battery, Start, and Ignition. I assume you are using the A terminal for your purple ignition wires??? Fine with me if it works.