FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I read that Chrysler bought West Bend in 1965. Does that mean that my engine is the same as a 1966 Chrysler 50 hp? I'm thinking about parts compatability.
don't know, but a Force dealer would be a good place to start looking for parts. Chrysler became Force then I think Mariner or something. I have an old 67 6hp Chrysler. Easy to work on and a good motor.
I came up with a VWB19092 64/65 West Bend.
Very likely early Chrysler parts will fit.My 56 - 67 aftermarket manual
West Bend ends at 65.Chrysler begins in 66.Repair sections for each appear identical.It appears the fuel mix for 65 up is 50:1 using TCW3 rated oil.
It appears 64 is 24:1.It also appears the both years have ball and roller bearings in mains and rods but both years have slip fit piston pins.
Chrysler section says 50:1 does say 24:1 for severe service.